Sunday, October 17, 2010

Worship, 3 October 2010

Worship on 3 October 2010 at St. John's the Divine in Southwest Harbor was led by Debbie Little-Wyman. She talked that someone told her that the best advice for life is to go where it is warm. And, as the days get colder here, I can understand how people might believe that statement. I have not, however, owned that statement for myself as yet. When she talked on the scriptures, she talked of God's mercies, and how they are new for each of us each and every morning. We are lovers and we are loved, and we are all in this together. It is not easy to live in community with others, but we need to open ourselves to this experience, to look for openings and make our lives spiritual adventures. It was a much better lesson than I render here, and left me filled for the week. The words about this lesson are my interpretation of what was said. The actual words said and ideas presented belong to Rev. Little-Wyman and were delivered in a manner that was more interesting and likely clearer than what I have shared here.

No comments:

Post a Comment